"To the whole world you might be just one person, but to one person you may just be the whole world." - Joseph Campbell

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Feeling thankful...

I found out this morning that an old friend of mine lost his 6-year-old niece on Friday. Coincidentally, she had the same name as my own dear baby girl. It was a random occurence that very much happened in the blink of an eye. It saddened me greatly to think of anyone losing a loved one, least of all a child. But as much as I felt his loss, I also felt thankful and blessed. I have a wonderful family at home with 2 very healthy and rambunctious children and a wonderful husband/father. And it reminded me not to take anything for granted, because you never know what may happen. So, from now on... 1. I will make time for the people I love. I will no longer look at my phone when someone (family, friend, even co-worker) calls, and think "I am too busy right now, I will call them back later" because what if there isn't a later? 2. I will let my loved ones know just how much they ARE loved and appreciated. 3. And to quote John Mayer :) , I will always "say what I need to say." WHEW!! And on to the happy thoughts...sheesh.

2 comments:

Jamie said...

So sorry to hear about that story - that's horrible. We have so many things to be thankful for!! And, lately I've been reminded of a line from the bible, "To whom much is given, much is expected." As parents, aunts, and friends of these healthy, happy children, we have such a great responsibility in providing love, care, etc.

The Presnell's said...

Wow, that's upsetting. I couldn't imagine, nor do I want to. :( So sad. Good for you to make changes, as I need to do that too. :)