"To the whole world you might be just one person, but to one person you may just be the whole world." - Joseph Campbell

Monday, March 7, 2011

Mmmm, mmmm…good

Wow, I have to share with you all this a-ma-zing recipe for chicken pie that even passed the kid test…I know, right? Here we go!

  • 3 cups finely diced chicken, cooked
  • 1/4 cup flour
  • 1 1/4 cup chicken broth
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • pie crust (I used the store brand pre-made pie crust – just like Pilsbury’s!)

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

Place bottom pie crust in greased pie plate. Fill with chicken. Sprinkle with flour and gently cover with chicken broth. Salt and pepper accordingly. Cover with top pie crust and pinch edges together. Cut slits in top crust and bake for 1 hour (my chicken and broth came out of the fridge so I baked for 1 hour and 15 minutes).

Let cool for 10 minutes and enjoy with something green Smile – side salad for us. Sooooo good!!

By the way, my trick to cooking chicken if you don’t already have leftoversWinking smile

I put 4 lbs (about 3 large) bone-in chicken breasts (salt and peppered) in crock pot with 2 qts water, 2 quartered carrots, 2 quartered celery, and 1/2 large onion also quartered. cook on high 5 hours (7-8 hours on low) or until falling off the bone. Chicken and broth in one step…Easy peasy!

1 comment:

The Presnell's said...

AWESOME! I'm going to try this. Terry will love it, since it doesn't have cheese!!! :)