"To the whole world you might be just one person, but to one person you may just be the whole world." - Joseph Campbell

Friday, October 15, 2010

From the mouths of babes...

Sitting around the dinner table last night...

Tyler: (with a look of total disgust) Mo-om...what is that?

Camryn: yummmy...pee-ta!

Me: *big sigh* what does it look like Tyler?

Tyler: Weelll, it looks like pizza...but it doesn't look like the pizza you usually get...you know that I only like the pizza you order just for me..
(i.e. Pizza Hut's personal pizza with light cheese and light-no sauce - basically triangle shaped cheese      bread!)

Me: I know buddy, but I thought it would be fun to make our own (big smile)...and I barely put any sauce on it...just for youuu...

Camryn: (noisily munching away in the background)

Tyler: Welll, can I go play when I'm done?

Camryn: More pedda-pony peeez...and pineapple...mmmm... *smackin' lips*

Me: (giving Camryn MY pineapple and pepperoni) yes you guys can go play, but you have to eat at least a few bites of pizza...and ALL of your green beans.

Tyler: (taking the tiniest bite ever - and huuuuuge gulp of milk) I don't like it...but I guess i'll eat it anyway IF you promise NEVER to make it again.

Me: (Dreams of becoming the next Papa John totally crushed and starving) I promise bud, I won't make it again.

2 comments:

The Presnell's said...

hahahah!!! I love making our own pizza too, but Skylar doesn't care for anything, unless it's yogurt or bananas.....dang. I wished I could live off that.

Jamie said...

HaHaHa